AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Help from anyone with a cpc & cpc-h

Default Help from anyone with a cpc & cpc-h

AAPC: Back to School
    I would like to get my cpc and cpc-h and I was registered for a training boot camp for the cpc-h hoping that could give me the extra help for the cpc as well. The cpc-h camp that I planned to attend was canceled and I can find another but there is a cpc boot camp training scheduled as well. I always planned to take the cpc exam first but I did not want to have to pay for two camps if I didn't have to. I have to pay for all of this out of pocket. For someone who has taken both exams and have your certifications please advise. Should I wait until another cpc-h is available or take the cpc training class? And if I only take the cpc training class how do I get help for the cpc-h?
    I appreciate any and all advice, I'm very stressed right now.

Thank you

Default ?

Have you been coding before? What type of experience do you have with coding? My previous employer paid for us to take the CPC bootcamp. I was already coding for a surgeons office at that time and felt that it was a waste of my time. BUT those that were not working surgery found it very helpful. Take the practicum or practice exams as well. I think you will find those more helpful than the bootcamp. Good luck!

Default cpc or cpc-h

Hello your request was made back in 2007 did you ever receive your certification in either the cpc or cpc-h if so, can you share tips as to time managment how to ace through the test without second guessing yourself