Would want to look at what the target of the injection was (ie neuroma or tendon sheath/liagment)
Below I saw on January 09 CPT Assistant
Code 64455, Injection(s), anesthetic agent and/or steroid, plantar common digital nerve(s) (eg, Mortonâ€™s neuroma)
Interdigital neuromas (Mortonâ€™s neuromas) are treated by alteration of footwear, use of metatarsal pads, foot orthotic devices, steroid injection(s) (code 64455), chemical neurolytic injection(s) (code 64632), surgical nerve decompression, incision of the intermetatarsal ligament, or surgical excision of the Mortonâ€™s neuroma (code 28080).
Prior to CPT 2009, there was confusion regarding the correct code to report when injecting a Mortonâ€™s intermetatarsal neuroma. The service was felt to be previously reported with the following codes:
64450 Injection, anesthetic agent; other peripheral nerve or branch
20550 Injection(s); single tendon sheath, or ligament, aponeurosis (eg, plantar â€śfasciaâ€ť)
28899 Unlisted procedure, foot or toes
Code 64455, Injection(s), anesthetic agent and/or steroid, plantar common digital nerve(s) (eg, Mortonâ€™s neuroma), which was introduced in the CPT 2009, specifically represents injection of an anesthetic agent and/or steroidal agent into the involved plantar digital nerve interspace. Code 64455 is reported only once per foot, regardless of the number of injections provided, as is reflected in the plural forms for â€śinjectionâ€ť and â€śnerve.â€ť
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join