CPC-H tests on facility-fee hospital and other outpatient coding concepts.
As AAPC states, "Each examination is separate and distinct from one another." I recommend going to the corporate site page, choosing "Certification" from the tabs, then "Overview" and reading the differences. Even those stated differences seem understated to me. There really is substantial difference from the various sectors of coding and each exam tests specific skill sets.
Hope this helps a bit. I'm sure the folks at AAPC could provide some additional guidance on the topic for you.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join