His documentation is very vague and only states selective of the carotids but does not state common, internal or external therefore going strictly by his documentation I would code 36216 Rt Carotid and 36215-59 Lt Carotid. He also states selective shots of the left lower extremity but does not state actual cath placement so that can not be billed. He also mentions the vert, but did he actually select it?
you S & I codes from the dictation would be:
75671 bilat carotid cerebral
75680 bilat carotid cervical
75685 rt vertebral
75716 bilat extremity
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join