According to Highmark Medicare services they have instructed us that the Observation codes are only to be used by the physician supervising the patient's care at the hospital, including the new subsequent codes. If the patient is a Medicare patient, the consulting specialist would use the 99201-05 or 99212-15 series depending whether the patient is new or established. If the patient has commercial insurance, then you can still use the Consult codes 99241-45, if they accept them. Any subsequent visits would be billed with 99212-99215.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join