Untimed Codes (92507; 92506)
If the CPT descriptor has NO time designation, the procedure is billed as a session without regard to time. (Per CMS)
Referring to (timed) Physical Medicine Codes (15 Minute Codes)
CMS advises that physical medicine codes (97000 series) are "NOT" appropriate for SLP or dysphagia services, except for 97532 and 97533.
Just in case if you 're assigning ANY from 97532 or 97533 then (4 units 'd be : 53 minutes to < 68 minutes)
PS: CMS requires that the "GN" modifier be added to every code that is rendered under a SLP or dysphagia plan of tx.
Please access the Medicare CPT Coding Rules for SLP Services (Therapy Services) from CMS web site.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join