New provider orientation includes (but is not limited to):
Types of service s/he will provide (E/M, surgery, etc)
How to determine level of E/M services
Documentation guidelines for E/M
Documentation guidelines for operative/procedure notes
Teaching physician attestation requirements
Schedule for auditing
"housekeeping" (their assigned provider #, assigned dictation #, signing the signature card, etc)
Names and phone extensions of the coders who will be handling their documentation
It's been a while since we had a new provider, and that's off the top of my head.
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join