Thread: HCPCS Bone Allograft

Default HCPCS Bone Allograft

Promo: Code Books
    I need to know the correct HCPCS code a hospital would use to bill for a structural bone allograft - not morselized, a solid piece of bone. I believe C9359 is for the injectable putty & C9362 is for the moldable putty, but what do you use for a structural bone allograft? I thought about C1762, but would bone be considered connective tissue??? I've also thought about L8699 but I wouldn't consider this a "prosthetic" implant - it's a human bone graft. ??? I have searched everywhere & cannot find any guidance on this issue. Please help!!

Nevermind - I have answered my own question.

What did you come up with? I have the same question.
    Thanks

we can take C1762 for the bone allograft.

Dawa, cpc
    Last edited by tser05@yahoo.co.in; 04-25-2012 at 01:49 AM.

Default Bone Graft and Hcpcs together

Can you tell me if for a facility, you can code for both the Allograft CPT 20930 and the HCPCS code for the supply of it as C1762????

Thank you so much for your help?

Jaime

Jaime@americanspinemd.com

we bill the c1762 as the implant code at the ASC facility level in order to be paid for the implant itself. n I would assume you could bill for both the procedure and the implant. We are billing as a proc for a knee and we have contracts with the payers that pay the implants as 50% of charges.

Quote Originally Posted by jennburgel View Post
    we bill the c1762 as the implant code at the ASC facility level in order to be paid for the implant itself. n I would assume you could bill for both the procedure and the implant. We are billing as a proc for a knee and we have contracts with the payers that pay the implants as 50% of charges.
    jennburgel....Are you being reimbursed for the C1762 when it's billed by an ASC facility???

How are you getting reimbursement when the code has an ASC payment indicator of N1 for packaged service/item; no separate payment made?

Default bone graft

what is the hcpcs code for bone graft?