I am coding Demential w/Behavioral disturbance (294.11) but the ICD-9 book states to coed first any underlying physical condition. The physician is unsure what is causing the patient's dementia. I have had this denied by Wellmark when there is not a underlying condition listed first. This patient has Merit (Medicaid). I have thought about using 294.8 but that is for Dementia NOS.
Thanks for the help!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join