Technically, 294.8 is for Dementia NOS due to conditions classified elsewhere, only it doesn't ask for the code for the condition that the dementia is due to. I would just use the code for Dementia and then code the behavioral disturbance, if the doctor specified what the behavioral disturbance is. If the doctor just wrote " with behavioral disturbance", you have two choices. You can either query the physician as to what the specific disturbances are or you can use 312.9 for unspecified behavior disturbance.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join