Endovascular AAA

Default Endovascular AAA
    Exam Training Packages
    Hi coders,

Can someone help me here, please? I feel pretty lost on these. I don't understand the difference bewteen 34802 (one docking limb) and 34803 (two docking limbs) - how can I tell if it has one or two docking limbs? My physicians do not normally say, "Talent AAA" graft was used. I've read where the Talent AAA has two docking limbs.

Also, I'm unsure when to bill 34825/34826 because I thought when the physician spoke of 'extensions' that referred to those codes but in doing some research it depend on 'limbs' or 'extensions?' Can someone please clarify?

My physicians are starting to do a lot of these and I want to really understand them so I do not bill incorrectly. Any guidance, websites or other information is GREATLY and TRULY appreciated. My eyes are crossing here. LOL

Thanks!
    Julie Graham, BA, CPC, CCC

Nevermind, got it! Woo hoo!!! Thank you, Dr. Z!!!!! AMEN

Default culintz
    Can you please share what you have found? I am at a loss also.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CULINTZ View Post
    Can you please share what you have found? I am at a loss also.
    Thanks
    Of course! Man these were kicking my butt! I'll be happy to help you spare that stress. LOL

I have the Dr. Z's Vascular & Endovascular Surgery Coding Reference. In there he acutally breaks down the grafts see below:

Use code 34802 for: AneuRx, Excluder, Talent and Endurant abdominal aortic stent grafts.

Use code 34803 for: Cook Zenith

Use code 34804 for: Powerlink aortic stent graft.

So as long as your physician documents what graft - you can be certain you are selecting the correct code.

Do you have an email or fax? I have a cheat sheet that is so helpful for coding AAAs and I be happy to share and help you understand the codes.

My email is julieann.graham@baylorhealth.edu.

Thanks! Although the surgeon did not list the type of graft in his op report, the interventional radiologist listed it in his report.

6. Default
    Hello Julie, I am a new coder and I was wondering if I could also have that cheat sheet for coding AAAs. Thank you!