My understanding is there is not a "rule" for higher reimbursement from commercial payers vs. Medicare.
Most commercial payers fall in line with what Medicare allows and use that as a base. Some will pay a percentage over that, but most reimbursement with commercial payers is based on your In-Network Contract with that specific payer.
If you are out-of-network it is usually based on Reasonable and Customary for that procedure/service. Which is usually based on Medicare allowable.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join