The CPT book states that this code is per stain (to report once for each antibody used), does anyone know if it is also charged by specimen? If I am testing 4 specimens and doing 4 stains on each, can I charge 16 88342's? It may sound silly, but it doesn't say anywhere that I can't or that I am not supposed to charge per specimen also.
Thanks for your help!
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join