If you can't afford a class the very best thing you can do for yourself is to purchase a copy of the latest draft of ICD10 and read, read, read the introduction and the guidelines. Get familiar with them and they won't be so scary. I was lucky enough to go to a two day AAPC Boot Camp last year. One entire day was spent on planning for I-10 and setting up a committee for your location or company to get the buy-in we'll need from everyone. They have suggested guidelines for who needs to be on the committee from the beginning, before you start training anyone including your doctors! This isn't just coders who will be affected by the change, it's virtually EVERYONE in your office. The coders will have it easier than we think, because at least we will know what is needed. Think about your front desk people, the appointment people, the referral people, the nurses, MA's, PA's and doctors, and then the billers and A/R people on the back end. There isn't ONE person who won't be touched in some way by this change. Don't be scared for us. We will take the time to learn it, and it's really not so different from what we have done all along, it's just all in one code!!
Also, read your Coding Edge. There should be an ICD10 article in every issue. Ask your local chapter to put on some programs that relate to I-10. There are people out there already who are willing to share their knowledge. All you have to do is find them!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join