Are you referring to Medical Deicision Making: Number of diagnoses and treatment options? If so add'l workup would be "ordering additional workup such as dianostic tests to confirm or to rule out the suspected diagnosis and/or differential diagnosis with which the patient will leave the office. Or seeking additional workup such as a consultant's opionion."
"workup is defined as anything that the physician plans to do in order to make or confirm a diagnosis. For example, if the physician suspects a particlar diagnosis and sent the patient on for a diagnostic test to confirm that suspicion, that diagnostic test would count as workup. If the patient is scheduled for routine blood work to monitor side effects of medication, this would NOT be considiered additional workup. " From Sudy Guide: CEMC 2011
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join