The guidelines for modifier 77 are the same as 76 except another physician. This link shows that at the bottom under * info. So I don't believe it would be appropriate to bill using modifier 77 in this case, as the service wasn't on the same day.
I would say use modifier 78 if within original global period. Would these conditions apply?
Modifier 78 - Unplanned Return to the Operating/Procedure Room by the Same Physician or Other Qualified Health Care Professional Following Initial Procedure for a Related Procedure During the Postoperative Period.
Global Days CMS Documentation -
http://www.cms.gov/manuals/downloads/clm104c12.pdf *pg 87-95
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join