He needs to note that he used it, his findings (landmarks, seeing injectate, etc) and a permanent copy of the image must be kept in the record. We have our docs make 2 copies - one for the chart and one for the billing office so we don't have to keep asking them if they kept a copy. In lieu of a 2nd copy, notating the record that they kept a copy of the image in the chart would suffice.
We use -26 modifier and actually have started adding -59 as well since there are some carriers that were trying to include it in the procedure itself.
Hope that helps
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join