when there is a co-surgeon then the doctor will give a brief summary of the co surgeons part of the surgery and they will also note that a separate report will be dictated by the co surgeon. When a physician assistant is used for a surgical assistant you just need to note their name and that they assisted, the same for a physician who assist. The assistant surgeon should give you the same codes as the lead surgeon with the 80 or 81 modifier, the same for the physician assistant with the AS modifier.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join