All office-based endoscopies are billed on one claim with the place-of-service of office (11). The facility portion of your reimbursement is included in the higher practice expense RVUs associated with the office setting. For example as illustration, the 2011 fee schedule for colonoscopy, 45378, in Ohio is $390.67 in the office setting and is $222.52 in the facility setting.
Endoscopies do not have technical components (TC) or professional components (26) as other diagnostic GI services do (example esophageal motility).
If it is, in fact, a separate, Medicare certified ambulatory surgery center, those claims are billed separately and both the professional and facility claims are billed with POS 24.
An office setting is NOT a facility. It is vital that these are billed with the correct POS to receive the appropriate reimbursement.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join