I don't have my book on me, so don't quote me on this, but I believe that you code it as: neoplasm, temporal lobe (or brain, if that's as specific as it gets), and it's the secondary site listing on the table. I think that you also code the history of malignant neoplasm, breast, to show where the primary cancer site was. (What a bum deal - breast cancer, then brain cancer??? Dang...). Go to the ICD-9 conventions, then go to the section with Chapter-specific guidelines (I think it's the second section), and go to Chapter 2, Neoplasms. It'll give you step-by-step directions on how to code this situation. Let me know if you need any more help!
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join