Ellen is a 65 y/o female who presents today with severe headaches and blurred vision. She said these symptoms have been going on for appox 2 weeks. She says tht the pain is 10 out of 10 and that nothing seems to help relieve it. She has a history of breast cancer, which has been in remission for 1 year. A CT scan of the head and neck reveals a tumor in the temporal lobe of the brain. A biopsy was performed and confirmed this to be a metastasis from the breast tumor.
Question how would this be coded? With a V code for history of cancer or code the breast cancer as if were active again. Which code would be correct, a V code for history of neoplasm with 198.3 or 198.3 as secondary and 174.9 as primary? Thanks Sherry R
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join