I would like to get some feedback on the processing of the new admin codes 90460 and 90461. The clinic I am at uses "exploding sets" for the providers to use when coding the vaccines given. This makes it impossible to "clump" all the 90460s into units. Also, do you find that when the vaccines are given with a well child check is V20.2 necessary as the primary diagnosis codes on all the immunization/administration codes? If you are submitting 90460 in units, how do you sequence the diagnosis codes? If a vaccine is given on the same day without counseling is 90472 the correct admin code, not 90471? This has been a nightmare in terms of staff education and changing old habits.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join