From your note, I understand that the patient is an Established Patient with a known or previously diagnosed cardiac problem, therefore, I would code it as an Established patient follow-up visit. I don't believe that an established patient, with an established cardiac disease is considered a Preventive Medicine patient. Even though, the patient has not been seen in a year.
Depending on the the amount of systems that the Doctor reviewed and the Hx of the present illness, as well as the level of care given, you would choose your EP follow-up code. Possibly in the range of 99213-99215
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join