AAPC - Back to school
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Frustrated new CPC-A asking for advice

AAPC: Back to School
    p.s. Books that I found to be useful – AHIMA’s clinical coding workout.
    From my own personal experience most employers require at least a RHIT to get your foot in the door. What a huge difference between an approved AHIMA school and the CPC certification. I find the resources listed on AHIMA 100% more useful than the AAPC.

Unfortunately, as with any industry, it is easier to get a job with experience. Have you tried applying for data entry or customer service positions to get your foot in the door? Does the college in which you are attending offer a career placement service that could assist you?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

1. Advice CPC-A
    By ktimon@comcast.net in forum Resume Postings
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-16-2012, 01:51 PM
  2. Frustrated, and in need of advice
    By Melonyr in forum E/M
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 07:20 AM