I am horrible at finding the information I need in the manual (on-line). However, I have billed for FQHC facility for 7 years now. I have attended numerous webinars and educational opportunities for FQHC billing. You are correct that your charge amount for a patient account for Medicare 99213 can not be more or less than that of a commercial client for a selfpay client, Medicaid or indigent client. An FQHC should 'charge' everyone the same.
Now, we may charge $80 for an 99213, however, we bill Medicaid our rate and they pay the rate... For Medicare, we bill Medicare our $80 charge and they apply our rate and pay with the coins for the pt equaling $16 (20% of the charge).
I have created a national FQHC billing email list serv where each of us as members can send out an email to the entire group to get responses from within the group. Many of the ladies in the group are CFOs and billers for FQHC centers. We are a great resource to each other. Please email me at email@example.com with permission to share your email address with the group. I will then email you the list of those currently in group. Then you can submit the question you have submitted here to the list serv.
I hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join