We are an Internal medicine practice and we don't give these often, but we would like to start billing for the GI cocktail. I've read previous posts and found that most would code J8499 or 99070. J8499 is not reimbursed by Medicare so we are likely to use 99070 since the cocktail has an OTC med in it.

Has anyone billed for this? If so what do you normally charge? Was it covered by insurance or bundled into the E/M?

Thanks for any input!

Felicia Owens, CPC