I feel your pain...my phys is contracted with the hosp to interp the EKGS that are done at the hosp, (not sure about the set fee?) it is my responsibility to set up the new patient accounts (since most have not been in our office) and/or update demographics to existing accounts and post the charge. I do have a couple of receptionists who are familiar with making new pt and/or updating accts help me with this task when they can...I try to set 1 day or 1/2 day during the week to work primarily on these, I do however try to fit in a few every day. Be sure to verify for your qualifying dx and if you have "Pre Op" EKGS, be sure to use your
V7281 - Preoperative cardiovascular examination in conjunction with the primary dx for the procedure...good luck with this major task...as I stated " I feel your pain"
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join