I do coding for a family practice and urgent care. Our scenario is when a patient comes in, they get signed in and pay their co-pay if one is required, then the MA takes them back and does their vitals and finds out more about why they are there, then sends them back out to the waiting room to be called back when an exam room is available. We are having patients leave when they are sent out to the waiting room.
My question is, does anyone have experience with billing the patient for this visit, 99211? Currently we aren't billing for it, but are looking for information if anyone else is billing it and getting reimbursed.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join