Might want to indicate to the physician that if he is billing per nerve lesioned, the report could be describe the nerves targeted not just the corresponding facet joint levels. This can be done by providing a heading or procedure description before the narrative such as an I example I found:
1) Neurolysis medial branches of the primary posterior rami L3, L4 (BILATERAL)
2) Neurolysis dorsal ramus L5 (BILATERAL)
The claim reviewer might see L4-L5 and L5-S1 and not be able to read between the lines of the corresponding nerves and not be able to abstract 3 levels performed bilateral when they are just seeing it listed by facet joint levels.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join