There are two articles on Medicare's preventive visits and the AWV in the April 2011 Coding Edge that may help you. The preventive visit article includes a reference chart of the required elements of each.
1. Yes, the AMV is different. It identifies health risks and aids in the patients getting the screening services to which they are entitled. The AWV does not replace the IPPE. It appears the AWV will be a significant source of revenue and other distinct E/M services can be billed at the same encounter.
2. The AWV does not replace the IPPE, it is in addition to the IPPE.
3. The AWV has coverage limits and element requirements. I think you will have a better understanding after reading the articles. I did.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join