He can not bill EM codes or psych codes with EM components in it.
Look at the 96150 and 96151 and look at 90804,90806,90810,90812 codes. More than likely it's one of the he's doing.
If he's doing just plan old psychotherapy on patients than depending on time spent, it is 90804 or 90806.
Check Medicare NCD's on psychologists. That will give you some insight to what he can and cant bill.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join