this is strainght from Z-Helath:
23. If interventions are performed in the other leg at the same setting, use the same code set, but add modifier -59 to the "other leg" codes (e.g., for bilateral common iliac stent placement, use codes 37221, 37221-59; for right common iliac stent and left common iliac angioplasty, use codes 37221, 37220-59). (Be sure to check NCCI edits to determine which code requires a -59 modifier. These edits were not available at the time of printing for this book.)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join