Our office offers 20% discount for pts with no insurance for medical visits. I was told the Drs can undercode the level of service for self pay pts if they want to, and also give the 20% discount on top of that, because those charts never get audited. I think you still have to code to the correct E/M level based on the documentation regardless if you're billing the insurance or pt is self pay. I can't find anything on websites regarding this. Does anyone know what is correct? Thanks!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join