We wait until the patient has been discharged, by reviewing the entire electronc chart at one time, but we do this because we bill for a group of providers of multi specialties. This way we can check for unbundling, multiple visits per provider, missing charges, modifier usage, critical care scenarios by same specialty..the whole gamut of issues with professional fees.
We do run a report of patients who are in a long-term stay situation, and code before discharge if they've been in a bed longer than a week.
When we switched to this method from the old 'billing cards', we saw a revenue increase of 25%.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join