There are CPT codes relevant to WC, but I'm not sure if they're what you need - they're in the "Special E/M Services" section. You should check with your local carrier for more information on their reimbursement policies/protocol - they may require something that you'd never guess using only CPT guidelines. Your profile says you're from VA, so this info may help:
Virginia limits the employer's pecuniary liability to such charges as prevail in the same
community for similar treatment when such treatment is paid for by the injured person. The
website of the Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission confirms that there is no fee
schedule in Virginia. Rather, charge schedules agreed to by the carrier and the provider are to be enforced.
As for school physicals, we use preventive medicine E/M's for the child's age with V70.3
Same for work exams, except w/V70.5. Be warned, though - many insurers don't cover either of the last 2.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join