The CPT guidelines state that if you have a significant, separately identifable E/M service in conjunction with vaccines, you report the E/M code with modifier 25. CPT gives an example in this case of either an office/outpatient E/M service or a preventative medicine service.
My question is this.....if a child presents for a well-child visit and we administer vaccines as part of the visit, do we report modifier 25 on the preventative E/M code? Are others doing this, or is this going to be payer specific? Thanks.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join