The mastectomy breast codes 19303, 19304 ect. Are not chosen by rather they take the nipple or not or the type of incision. The code is determined by if its a subcutaneous mastectomy or not. So either code is fine, just depends on documentation..
What helps is a Coder's Desk Reference for Procedures by Ingenix, that breaks down a more descriptive explanation of each CPT code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join