This test must be requested by the operating surgeon and the monitoring must be performed by a physician, other than:
The operating surgeon
The technical/surgical assistant;
The anesthesiologist rendering the anesthesia
The benefits of intraoperative neurophysiologic testing are attainable under optimal recording and interpreting conditions.
You could check if the case involves a Medicare patient you could check if the is an active LCD for the carrier you are billing. Above is an example that leans towards not paying an anesthesiologist for this service.
The above link is from Medtronic for coding and guidelines.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join