The copy forward function can be a nightmare for risk management. Errors in documentation can be carried forward and I don't think the nursing CC should be populated into the CC field. Can another field be created for the provider CC?
To answer your second question, I think accurate documentation is paramount. A malpractice attorney would salivate over this conflicting documentation. I can hear an auditor, tsk, tsk, tsking. Hopefully, with your feedback, education and examples, the EHR can be tweaked and nursing can be more vigilant with their charting. Is the EHR new to the practice?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join