Holter billing depends on what part of the servce that you are providing. There is hook up ,recording 93225, scanning and analysis 93226 and interp 93227 or the complete (global) study 93224. 93224 and 93227 are billable on the date of the interpretation.
If an EKG and a Holter are done on the same day they must truly have been separate tests, done at 2 different times of the day.
If this is the case then use mod 59 on the EKG. If not then the EKG is not billable.
An EKG done in office and a holter hook up on 3/1 with the holter read two days later,3/3. Bill the EKG on 3/1 and the holter on 3/3.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join