Please see the attached information from the American Academy of Pediatrics for 2011:
92551 Screening test, pure tone, air only V20.2 Routine infant or child health check
92552 Pure tone audiometry (threshold); air only V20.2 Routine infant or child health check
92567 Tympanometry (impedance testing) V20.2 Routine infant or child health check
Codes V72.11 (encounter for hearing examination following
failed hearing screening) and V72.19 (other examination of ears
and hearing) are reported for diagnostic hearing examinations
â€¢ Requires use of calibrated electronic equipment; tests using
other methods (eg, whispered voice, tuning fork) are not
â€¢ Includes testing of both ears; append modifier 52 when a test
is applied to only one ear.
â€¢ Other identifiable services unrelated to the screening test
provided at the same time are reported separately (eg,
preventive medicine services).
Failed hearing screenings will most likely result in a follow-up
office visit (eg, 99212â€“99215), linked to the diagnosis code
for the reason for the failure; when a specific code cannot
be identified, report 389.8 (other specified forms of hearing
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join