We are seeing alot of Physicians oredering a Digital Screening Uni on one breast and then a Digital Diagnostic uni on the other breast. 1st - how do I code this? I do realize the screening needs a modifier, but can I bill Screening with modifier and diagnostic on the other? Or is there a better way to code this. 2nd - Once a mammogram comes back abnormal, is there a period of time that it would be mandatory to code the mammogram as diagnostic or can the mammogram still be coded as screening?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join