The answer is yes they can. However, our practice has also had problems with this. Many of the Commercial carriers have updated the claims processing software, and letâ€™s face it none of these software packages are perfect. According to the NCCI edits, both code pairs are billable together. If you are running into problems with the commercial carriers I have had good success with appeal letters including a cut and paste copy from the current NCCI edits showing that the code pair is billable together. The NCCI edits can be found on the CMS website.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join