Yes you can bill again. The phys needs to document why the second test is needed.
same day - You will need to add mod 76 repeat procedure by the same phys on the same day, to any cpt that is repeated on the same day e.g., 93015-76 784xx
Diff day - no mod are needed just bill the new service. 93015 784xx.
Dx - Use a new reason for the aditional test. If the original was inconclusive use abnormal function study, if the test indicated a specific condition use that.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join