Unfortunately, this has to be coded as "Unlisted" (42999)....
Your suggestion would not be appropriate because the biopsy was done via the scope.
Therefore the approach would be the first consideration, and would have to be coded with only one CPT for the procedure.
Also, the description of CPT 42806 in Coders Desk Reference does not indicate the use of a scope, and your procedure note does not indicate this was an "open" procedure.
Hope this helps.......
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join