There ar different codes depending on the patient's setting, 99374-75 are for patients under the care of a home health agency, 99377-78 are for hospice patients and 99379-80 are for nursing home patients. Modifier GV states "Attending physician not employed or paid under arrangement by the patient's hospice provider". If the patient is enrolled in a hospice, then the correct code would be 99377 or 99378 rather than 99374-99375. If the patient is not enrolled in a hospice then you do not need the GV modifier.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join