V76.2 is for a routine pap; special screening for malignant neoplams of the cervix. However, excludes the screening for the HPV.
V72.31 is for a routing gyno exam with or without the cervical pap smear.
So you would use the V76.2 when a patient comes in just for a cervical pap say that it was abnormal and had to come back. I would use the other for a full annual gyno workup either with or without the pap.
Hope that helps,
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join