Gestational period,insulin dependency, fetal factor, previous obstetric records/ and or the medical necessity documentation from the provider etc may make relevance for the validity of doing the BPP and avoid denial.
And for (eg) a V-code may be needed in addition to the primary code , if the patient is on insulin in pregnancy
Well, could you send the notes with more details?.
Not all gestational diabetes requires BPP any time /all the time.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join