648.93- the use of this code is related to any conditions classifiable to other diseases. 648.93 is for gestational diabtes. I do not agree with use these codes. Just from what I am reading in the ICD-9. This is not a complication of the preganacy. Why would we give the patient a condition she does not have? The only thing the provider in the ER is treating her for is a URI/with cough.
What did the provder treat? What was prescription for?
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join