Can somone please provide some solid assistance here? We have a few coders who disagree with one another and I would like to some clarification, please.
A patient has a dual lead pacemaker, but it needs to be upgraded to a biventricular.
The old generator is removed, pocket revised, LV lead was placed into the target vessel.
Then new biv- ICD was connected to the atrial, RV and LV leads, DFT testing performed.
Coder ONE says: 33240, 33241, 33225 & 93641 - 26
Coder TWO says: 33224 & 93641 since pt has a previous ICD and 33224 includes pocket revision, removal, insertion of new generator.
But then I saw someone on BOCN saying it should be 33249, 33225.
PLEASE HELP! Can anyone explains this???
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join