I have a case where the Dr consulted the patient in the ER and performed a closed reduction in the ER. Followup x-rays done after completion of this, however, showed
continued fracture dislocation for which decision was made to
then proceed to to the OR for a deeper sedation and another completion of the closed reduction. The physician performed both these reductions on the same day.
How would I code for this? Could I code for only one procedure even though he actualyl performed both in two different settings? And if I can bill for both, what modifier would be appropriate?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join