AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Code a round E/M id#9 note 3

Default Code a round E/M id#9 note 3

AAPC: Back to School
    Please, if any one can help ? I'm having trouble coming up with the last code on this question. The assessment on the chart says 1. Strep throat with tonsillar pharyngitis. 2. Allergic to Penicillin.
    Shouldn't the codes be 034.0 for the strep pharyngitis and the v14.0 for personal history of penicillin allergy? I keep getting v14.0 is invalid. Thanks
    Lorri CPC-A
    Last edited by jimlorri; 03-26-2011 at 07:11 AM. Reason: added more information and a Thanks

I figured it out. codes are 034.0 and 462 . The allergy did not need to be coded:

Since 462 excludes 034.0, is the AAPC coding the 462 because the diagnosis did not specifically state the pharyngitis is due to strep?

I experienced an error message and found an error on the ED Code A Round and Natalie Chin was very helpful in resolving the matter.

The chart said (Oroparnynx: rapid strep positive. Yes, you are correct. I misread the assessment (strep throat( with tonsillar pharyngitis ))

Similar Threads

1. ob/gyn code a round round 1 note 4
    By allyson815@gmail.com in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 12:46 PM
  2. AAPC OBGYN code a round, round 1 note 5
    By cyndiann in forum OB/GYN
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 04:45 PM